DPA is coming to the Grand Beatbox Battle 2019
Swissbeatbox is proud to announce that we will be partnering with DPA Microphones for the Grand Beatbox Battle 2019.
With over 6 decades of world-class microphone design experience, we feel they are the perfect partner for the worlds largest annual beatbox battle. They have successfully developed condenser microphone for stage use – the d:Facto – that is so durable, yet with a clean powerful sound, that we feel this is the best microphone to showcase the amazing art-form of beatboxing.
All participants of GBB19 will get to use this mic on stage, and the lucky artists who win first and second place in each category will win a personalised DPA d:Facto to take home. DPA will also have a stand at the event so that guest of GBB19 will get a chance to check out the mic for themselves.
DPA d:Facto features
- True studio sound quality in a live stage environment.
- Extremely high sound pressure handling capsule (up to 160 SPL), so clipping the mic is almost impossible – very unique for a condenser mic.
- Perfectly uniform supercardioid directionality – picks up more frequencies at a higher range angle without coloration of the sound.
- Extremely low handling noise.
- Wide frequency range, with a flat response to allow for clean, natural reproduction of sounds.
- Removable capsule and grill, allowing for easy maintenance (grill can be cleaned in dishwasher).
- Sleek, rounded design for easy handling.
For more detailed information, please visit the DPA GBB19 d:Facto website.
DPA is bringing their world renowned microphone experience to the beatboxing community, and we couldn’t be happier about it.
Please check out the video below, where Sinjo (head of sound for Swissbeatbox) breaks down some of the key features of the microphone and explains why we chose this mic as the best to represent the amazing sound of beatboxing on the live stage.
We look forward to working with this amazing company, and we will see you all there with DPA at GBB19.